PLEASE NOTE THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE CHECK LINK BELOW FOR NEW BLOG!!

Sunday 29 November 2009

Ding Dong Merrily on High....

.....here comes Christmas!
the joyous coming together of my two favourite colours,red & green!Not just any shade will do,for me it has to be glorious pillar box red,sitting prettily with a 1930s hue of dull minty green!I have been working on some festive bits for my lovely friend Luna to sell on her stall at http://horshamartfair.co.uk/ this weekend.As usual life got in the way of creativity,and it was a mad dash to get a little box of goodies off to her in time!I pillaged my delightful,if a little musty, collection of childrens annuals and they came up trumps with some jolly images, that I tinkered with on my trusty printer and turned into cards,tags & gift bags.I used the pretty ribbons to make bow brooches and alicebands.A simple little collection,but quick and easy to put together unlike my time consuming cloth dollies- above!I so enjoy the whole journey of making a doll,drawing the face,carefully choosing trimmings and turning scraps into dainty clothes,but I also love to work under pressure when ideas come fast and there is no time for faffing about!Now I just need to make some more to bestow upon my own friends & family,whats the betting I will leave it 'til Christmas eve......

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello there,don't be shy,have your say............