PLEASE NOTE THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE CHECK LINK BELOW FOR NEW BLOG!!

Friday 4 December 2009

Lost and Found.....

........found,one blue coathanger,in a puddle outside Wimpy,downtown Penzance!
What can match the simple joy of finding something & bringing it home. Today me & mama made a quick trip to town to indulge in the guilty pleasure that is 'Poundland'....come on admit it,you love it too! And for those of you who are unfamiliar with this fledgling emporium,yes,everything IS a pound....my mama made me ask! Our 'pound of pleasure' arrived back in the Summer & jumped in the grave of dear old Woolies,R.I.P. Its arrival was heralded with guest star Anthony Cotton,{the gay one,from Coronation Street!} manning the tills & laughing in the face of Swine Flu as he kissed his adoring {misguided} female fans! Now it is an old friend,the mourning for Woolies is over,& we wonder what we did before it came along.However did we manage without all those things we never knew we needed.....?Woolworths may be gone but in my home town we still have a Wimpy,the fast-food king of my childhood,where burgers and chips {not fries} are served on china plates & eaten with knives & forks!My granny,Blessed,had a penchant for their knickerbocker glorys'back then,& many are the times I sat with her in the Crewe Wimpy,which was gloriously retro, & watched her enjoy every mouthful. I was, in teenage years always slightly embarassed by it & her deft scrapings with the long spoon,right to the bottom of the glass, especially if we sat in the window.Now she is gone,possibly Crewe Wimpy is gone too,I would give anything to go there with her again-knickerbockers'for two,window seat please.......
...........so how did this dear little childs wooden hanger,with chipped china blue paint,come to end up in a puddle outside Wimpy?It will remain a mystery,one thing was for sure,I was not going to leave it there to take its chances against roadsweepers,merrymakers & passing dogs!So with a deftness of hand {inherited from Granny Blessed} it was in my Poundland carrier bag,my mama said 'thats my girl!.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello there,don't be shy,have your say............