PLEASE NOTE THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE CHECK LINK BELOW FOR NEW BLOG!!

Thursday 4 February 2010

Busy doing nothing.....

......trying to find lots of things not to do!!! I am beginning to feel that I have taken early retirement,life this week has taken me on a very leisurely stroll along a path paved with cake & conversation,culminating in a coffee morning at mamas this morning! Mama has reintroduced these happy little gatherings in the last couple of years-they were a regular feature during my teenage years when I was a willing or reluctant little helper-depending on the hormones that day! Usually game for a laugh,at the end of the morning I would entertain the 'old dears' whilst they did the washing up & counted the takings,by dressing up in the leftovers from the clothes stall-a typical ensemble being;a brown nylon zip up catsuit with giant lapels,a pair of moonboots & pompom hat-cue much raucous laughter & several coughing fits! Always in aid of animal charities but not always encouraging charitable behaviour in the ranks,I have born witness to many a silver haired set-to over the pricing of cuddly toys! Today we were raising funds for Shelterbox with lots of lovely ladies ranging in years from 30-odd to 80-odd, I have been promoted to the 'produce' stall-playing shop again,no dressing up but lots of laughs none the less! Of course I did not come home empty handed;2 books to add to the holding bay-love the covers,Spring flowers I won in the raffle,2 more Alfred Meakin plates,some sweet retro cocktail picks & lovely cards made by my mama,also coffee & walnut cake (not pictured here-for obvious reasons!). It has been a self indulgent week of sweet nothings,I am a lucky girl,but all good things must come to an end-back to the job in hand-no regrets....well,I do wish I'd kept that catsuit!!

2 comments:

  1. My word, a catsuit, sounds like a very interesting little ensemble! Love the book covers and the sticks, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....many moons ago in the time before children-I dare say the photographic evidence will catch up with me one day!!

    ReplyDelete

hello there,don't be shy,have your say............